I get a lot of questions from people asking how I make money online and what tools I use that can help build their income. With that in mind, I decided to make a resources page so I can steer you in the right direction. I’ll do my best to keep this page updated (I tend to switch tools every now and then just to see how they work). Oh, and one more thing…yes, I do use affiliate links if they are available. Just wanted to be clear about that. Most of the tools that I use are free tools, but there are some that require a purchase. Either way, here are the best tools that I use to make money.
Before I forget, you should know that I don’t use these exclusively on this site. I have other sites as well, but these are tools that I recommend checking out.
Note: Most of the links below are affiliate links. This means that I earn a percentage based on your actions or purchases, but this payment doesn’t come from you (so your costs aren’t affected).
- WordPress – If you aren’t using WordPress for blogging, you should be. WordPress is pretty much the ultimate blogging platform…and it’s free.
- MyThemeShop – Looking for some really nice free and premium WordPress themes? This has been my go-to site for blog themes lately. They have some really great options!
- WPtouch – This theme package was created to make setting up a mobile-friendly, responsive blog. If your site has been indexed in Google and it’s not mobile friendly, you
- SumoMe – I can’t stress enough how awesome this plugin is! SumoMe is literally packed with awesome features (some are premium, but it also has some amazing free ones) that will help you grow your blog. Two of my favorite features are the list builder and heat maps. If you’re running a WordPress blog, you NEED SumoMe.
- Broken Link Checker – This plugin takes all of the work out of making sure that you aren’t linking to nothing. Bad outbound links cost you customers. Use Broken Link Checker and keep your readers.
- OIO Publisher – This plugin will allow you to sell ad space to your readers. With OIO Publisher, you don’t need to outsource your site’s ad sales.
- Zero Bounce – Zero Bounce for WordPress is a plugin that helps reduce your bounce rate by redirecting traffic to a page that you specify when they try to leave. Sneaky? Sure, but effective.
Domains & Hosting
- DreamHost – If you’re looking for cheap, reliable, unlimited bandwidth hosting for your WordPress blog, look no further.
- Hostgator – Without a doubt, Hostgator is one of the most reliable web hosts on the internet, and they also have dedicated WordPress hosting at affordable prices. Use the discount code “sugarbuzz25” to get 25% off your hosting package.
- GoDaddy – Love them or hate them, GoDaddy is a name recognized by just about anyone. If you need a domain name, you can usually find them at a discount here (if you have a valid GoDaddy discount code).
SEO & Marketing Tools
- Google Analytics – The best free SEO tool you will ever use.
- Pingdom – If you want good rankings, you’ll need a fast site. This tool will measure the loading speed of your site and help you find out what’s slowing everything down.
- Aweber – There are several great options for mailing list management, but Aweber is the best.
I use more affiliate networks than I can remember most of the time. Here is a list of my favorite networks.
CPM Ad Networks